As shocking as it may seem, Motown may be in for a big win this year: Dewey From Detroit has been nominated for the 2009 Weblog Awards!!!
Dewey From Detroit has been nominated in the following categories:
- Best Blog
- Best New Blog
- Best Political Blog
- Best New Political Blog
- Best Humor Blog
- Best Conservative Blog
- Best Individual Blog
If you enjoy Dewey and wish to vote, here are The Weblog Award rules:
Rules And FAQ's
- You can nominate yourself, don't be shy. (I’m not, I did)
- The number of nominations a blog receives is irrelevant. One nomination is enough...
- Rather than add a "me too" (i.e. multiple) nomination for a site in a category, please use the "+" icon to indicate your preference for nominees. The "+" ratings are one extra piece of information the finalist selection panel can use to help generate the finalist slates in each category.
- Given the two previous items, we reserve the right to remove excessive comments (i.e. nominations) for the same site.
- The nomination period is scheduled to end on Sunday, November 22, 2009, though we reserve the option to close nominations earlier or later.
- Voting for selected finalists is scheduled to begin January 4, 2010. Finalists will be announced the week before voting begins.
So for now, you can all go to the 2009 Weblog Awards site, scroll way, way down near the end of the nominations comments and click the “+” next to deweyfromdetroit!!! What could be more fun?
After nominations close Sunday, a double-secret panel of selection czars will go behind closed doors (like our current administration and congress) and pick the finalists. I can’t work the panel like Harry Reid and offer them a Landrieu deal, because I’d go to jail. So I need your support.
If everything works out, and Dewey makes the cut, you can all go back on January 4, 2010 and win one for Motown!!!
MMM, MMM, MMM !!!