When the left starts hurling accusations at their opponents, the one thing you know for sure is that they are complaining about tactics they have, or would, use themselves. As noted in the Flopping Aces:
The Left has been organized and orchestrated in their campaign of complaints and outrage against their opponents in the health care reform debate (and note, their opponents are not exclusively right wingers, republicans, or even conservatives). The White House has been firing on all pistons;
- Town hall protestors are un-American (per Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer). That’s a newsflash: protesting, exercising your first Amendment right is now un-American. Hillary Clinton didn’t think so, in her famous 2003 shrill speech in which she told us “we are Americans and we have a right to disagree and debate with this administration…” Maybe you only really have a right to disagree if you are on the “correct” side of the issue, like Cindy Sheehan and Code Pink. Then you will be funded and courted by the Democratic party, and feted by the MSM. I guess they’ve temporarily forgotten that this republic was founded on protest.
- Town hall protestors are “organized, angry mobs”. Again, dear old Nancy Pelosi began this round of accusations, claiming people were showing up at town halls with swastikas. Not only could that claim not be proven, but the only swastika anyone came up with was one with a red line through it, as in “don’t try to shove this Nazi crap down our throats.” But, with the able assistance of the MSM, the mantra turned protestors into demons and organized mobsters. I would only point out that it is the left who is well known for organized mobs: ACORN in Iowa and every other city where citizens, dead or alive, could be rounded up, registered and bussed to voting polls, Black Panthers in para-military garb with clubs at voting precincts, and the SEIU purple shirts shouting at senior citizens and assaulting a black conservative trying to sell pins and flags - the so-called “angry mobs” at the health care forums.
- Barbara Boxer accuses town hall attendees of being too well dressed to be anything other than paid shills for the insurance companies. Hey Babs, it’s your side that runs the rent-a-protest game. Is it our fault that most of our side works for a living?
The disdain that this President and his administration have for those of us who have the audacity to disagree with his supreme leadership is appalling. To date, and just off the top of my head, here are some of the ways that he or his designated mignons have trashed us :
- Calling us “bitter clingers”
- Apologizing all across the world for “transgressions” that many of us are not only not ashamed of, but consider admirable
- Calling a cop protecting a black professor’s home stupid
- Accusing pediatricians of performing unnecessary tonsillectomies in order to line their pockets
- Accusing us of being well dressed Nazis who form angry mobs
- Instructing the goons at town halls, if met with opposition to “strike back twice as hard”
- Setting up a White House snitch website to report fellow citizens that anyone, anywhere feels might be spreading “disinformation”
- Telling us that a certain age, that Congress will determine, maybe all we need is a pain pill, not treatment
- And perhaps the ultimate disdain for the electorate: throwing 100% support behind a bill they won’t even bother to read (which is why they act surprised when they hear about number 8 above)
Harry Reid accuses protesters of "sabotaging the Democratic process. Mr. Reid, protesting is intrinsic to the democratic process. Silencing protest is fundamental to tyranny and inherent in autocracy. The Left’s overreaching reaction reads like classic Saul Alinsky instructions from his Rules for Radicals booklet: attack, diminish and marginalize all who stand in your way.
This is no longer about health care reform, health insurance reform or a “public option” for health care. This has escalated quickly to what it’s always been about, but the public wasn’t supposed to notice: Power. The sheer, unbridled power of government taking over more and more of our economy. And no matter how much lipstick you slap on that pig, in every quarter of the world ,with the exception of our left wing Congress, that’s known as Socialism.
And Obama has readily embraced the leadership roll of this power grab set up by the Chicago thug-style mob. With his imperious, condescending arrogance he is acting more like an all powerful dictator than the leader of the free world. Not since the Nixon administration – and frankly, not even then – have we seen such gleeful, out-of-control disrespect for the public and the law. Spare me the George Bush rhetoric. Not even close my friends, and he had 8 years to pull it off.